How much money do you bring to spend on Black Friday?

Do you save for it all year or just take what you already have on credit or in your wallet?

4theloveofTink

Asked by 4theloveofTink at 12:09 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Shopping

• this year im taking some of what i have in savings:) maybe...if my husband lets me.
    mommaclow

Answer by mommaclow at 12:11 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• We have a special savings account that we put into every pay period. We take that money and pay cash for Christmas. We have to plan and budget, but it's so much better than having to use a credit card.
    lovebugs_mom

Answer by lovebugs_mom at 12:15 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Me, notta! My husband and I go out every Thanksgiving night and buy what we want. I don't believe in getting up early to get sales. I, personally, don't need anything that bad! Last year we went to Walmart around midnight and bought our stuff. It was kind of fun to see all the sales stuff being put out (of course it was all sealed), but we did see people standing in the lines. We bought our TV, Blu Ray, and desk top computer and we still got to sleep in! LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:20 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I normally have about $400-$600 in cash, and that is my entire Christmas budget pretty much. Last year, I got about $800 worth of stuff for only about $450 or so by shopping Black Friday and the day after :) I LOVE Black Friday, but I do have to budget because if I don't, I would spend every bit I had on the sales lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:24 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I put aside about 500.00 but we only have one child and he is 2. I get him covered for about 100.00 and spend the rest on family. I LOVE Black Friday shopping. :) I get high from the sales.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:32 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• We don't do credit. So we deal with what we have. Last year we spend about $500 - most of it was on a computer though, we used our debit card, cash for the rest. The year before, I don't think I spent even $100. This year...who knows, have to see what the ads look like first. But what we do spend this year will be all cash.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I usually take 2 or 3 hundred. I then spend that much and more on "cyber sale monday".
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 1:55 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I don't shop black friday (too many crowds/junk) - if you're smart, you shop online.

You don't even have to wait for cyber monday, the economy is still bad enough where all the vendors are crawling all over one another trying to out-do each other. It's practically 'black november'. I have a tech-friendly family, so I do most of my shopping at Amazon or NewEgg. Also, for what it's worth, check out http://pungle.org - easiest way to do some good deeds while I'm spending all my money on toys.. heh

MadelineP

Answer by MadelineP at 4:21 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• IDK probably between $400-$600
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 10:00 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• $500
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 10:42 AM on Nov. 7, 2010