Do you think that if you come from a broken home your have more trust issues and your more likely to divorce?

jessesmama22

Asked by jessesmama22 at 12:10 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• No, not necessarily. In my opinion, it's all in a matter of how you're raised. You may have some trust issues, but that is so common in todays society for sooooo many things. So much can play into someones insecurities. It would be much better for a child to grow up in a stable, calm home instead of watching the parents fight. If the child watches the parents not getting along then he may believe that is how married couples normally act and he might act that same way. Sometimes you have to weight out the advantages and disadvantages. I don't think you are more likely to end up in a divorce though.
    britthoch2010

Answer by britthoch2010 at 12:14 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• no i dont think that.. i do think though that if you come from that and you dont try to avoid becoming that you will end up in the same place.. its how you look at stuff. like a friend of mine told me today.. her hubby's parents have been married forEVER and happily.. her parents were divorced and divorced the next wife/hubby (both sides) so she has seen what NOT to do and learned not to go down certain paths.. doesnt mean they wont make mistakes but means when she said i do she meant it and he did too.. but i also know other people who come from broken homes and they dont look at the mistakes their parents made and make them themselves.. and they turn out to have the same problems their parents did. like my husband i am worried he doesnt look at things like he should.. his dad has a BIG mouth runs it ALOT and it makes people not want to be around him.. horrible attitude always putting his 2 cents where its not wanted CONT
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 12:31 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• and he went througha divorce and still didnt get out of the mind set that he is "always right" now his wife of at least 30 years and him do not really have a relationship and havent for at least 20-25 years.. they dont talk they dont see each other everyday they dont sleep in the same bed heck not even same floor in the house.. when she is home she leaves etc they arent really a family.. they live in the same house but not a family.. and sometimes i notice that he does alot of things his dad does.. and he doesnt see a problem with not being with his family everynight (i stayed with my folks a few weeks bc of bedrest and he didnt come be with me and our daughter everynight) if he gets mad he will go to the other bed... this type of stuff isnt what i think is ok. my parents argued but ALWAYS were together at the end of day and slept in same bed. just depends on if you learn from their mistakes..
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 12:35 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I think people go one way or the other. They either follow the same path, or they end up the exact opposite. Sometimes a bad example teaches a lot about what NOT to do.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:49 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• not necessarily.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:00 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• no..
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:44 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• no
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 3:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I don't think it necessarily means that. Both my hubby and I come from broken homes. We've been married 7 years and we're doing fine. I personally have some trust issues that I believe come from seeing what my parents went through with the divorce but its gotten alot better.
    mindi6103

Answer by mindi6103 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 8, 2010