This is awkward...

My hubby's friend and I don't get along.
Before we got married he tried to break us up and we have avoided each other ever since.
For example: if they hang out its always at his friends house: if he calls the house I let the machine get it: if we are in line next to each other at the grocery store we act like strangers

My hubby brought this up to his friend and now his friend wants to break the tension by talking to me.
Now I'm dodging his friend like crazy...is this awkward or what?

seriously I almost prefer the tension.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• sounds to me like its important to your husband especially since he brought it up to his friend.. and his friend is being a great friend by trying to talk to you and you should try to do the same,. after all you are supposed to be his best friend and if it means that much to him you should at least try
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 12:23 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• id try talking to him or at least listening to what he has to say, it may turn out to be a good thing. good luck
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 12:24 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• how long ago was it that this all transpired? Honestly it can't hurt to hear what he has to say, you can make it clear to your husband that you have nothing to say to him but I think that if he wants to apologize for the way that he acted you should at least hear what he has to say for your husband's sake, you are under no obligation to be friends with him and you can make that clear to him or your husband if you wish, but who knows maybe what he has to say will actually make you feel better.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 12:26 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• It shows that your hubby loves you so much that he approached his friend (who is apprently important to him ) on this issue. He may not understand how his best pal cant see good in the woman he loves who makes him happy. And he is putting you first by aprroching his friend in the effort to fix the wrong. In the end if possible He seems to want his love and his pal to be in his life and to be as happy as he is.
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 12:32 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• whats the harm in trying to turn over a new leaf?
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:58 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• It sound like it is important to your DH.So I would give it a try.Foe your DH sake.good luck
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 2:14 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• It sounds like it is important to your DH so I would try and get over things for him.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 1:48 PM on Nov. 7, 2010