Is the IUD a good birth control?

Mrs.Stancil

Asked by Mrs.Stancil at 12:26 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Health

• If you get the right one. I'm hoping to get the Essure procedure done when we have the insurance.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:28 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• It all depends on how your body reacts to the hormones. I have one and i'm ok with it. Getting it in was a bit of a hassle, but now that it is in, we're all good. My friend however, had a really rough time of it. Her body didn't like it and she ended up with really bad bleeding and cramps and pain like crazy.
    Talk to your OB about it and make sure you don't have any of the things that make it bad to have an IUD (frequent pelvic infections, etc)
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 12:34 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• It really depends on you. Mine was perfect, I loved it! That is for sure going to be my choice BC! I never had any problems with it.
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 12:44 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I have the Paragard IUD. More cramps and bleeding on my period, but no hormones and it lasts 10 years. It's working for me!
    katinthehat8914

Answer by katinthehat8914 at 1:09 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I've heard good things & bad things......
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:52 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• It works for some, not so much for others.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:17 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I have the paragaurd, at this point I have very little to no periods. I used to have lots of bleeding but now it the blood flow is almost non-existent.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:16 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• It probably is. Although my BFF has one in and she checked her self recently and wasn't able to feel the strings. She told her gyn and the doc told her its okay but when 5 years is up and they take it out she will more than likely pass out bc the pain will be so bad. Bc of this I will stick to the pill, and if I get preggers then oh well I want another one anyway.
    courtcaton

Answer by courtcaton at 8:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2010