my 3 yr old doesn't want anything to do with potty training what can i do?

please help i put her in panties and give her treats and take her every 30 mins still no potty what am i doing wrong???

mommybear05

Asked by mommybear05 at 7:33 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in General Parenting

• you are doing nothing wrong. I have 3 kiddo's5,3,and 11mos. My 5 year old was PTed at18 mos. My 3 year old.... wont do it to save her life..... hang in there mama. Using the potty is the one thing that she can control in a world that she has no control over. When she's ready she'll do it and not a moment before.
    MDPLopez3

Answer by MDPLopez3 at 7:57 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I don't think you are doing anything wrong. It sounds like you have tried it all. Sounds like it might just take her a little while longer. I think she needs to have some interest in it before she will do it. Just keep up the good work and one day...she will just do it, and all of this will have been worth it. I know its hard to imagine right now, lol, but that day will come!

Only thing I can suggest is having her go potty with you, let her dolls sit on the potty, or try putting a sticker on a chart for each time she goes. Good Luck!
    supermomkell

Answer by supermomkell at 7:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• When my kids turned 3 and wasn't potty trained I just told them I am not getting any more diapers (of course I said it where they understood) and from that day I didn't buy one diaper my oldest son who now is 12 did great he never wet the bed he always went potty. my middle one on the other hand I made a bed for him out of old cushions and plastic and towels that is where he slept for a good month. He wet at night for about a month and then it just kinda hit him that wow I need to go potty. my little one who just turned 4 she was the same about 3 and I did the same thing she did fine with going pee but going poop was tough for her and then one day she just did it. But I think if you just stop letting them wear diapers and pull ups it works faster
    histree

Answer by histree at 5:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2008