Hot can I concieve twin girls?

Well my name is Kayla and me and my husband have been talking and we want to try for a girl in september. I know having a girl is all about timing... I have my ovulation calender so thats good. But I want twin girls because this is my last pregnancy. I was wondering if at all there are things that can up my chances for that? If so is it certain foods? Where can I get them? Certain positions? Anything. Just let me know. Thank you so much.

Sincerely, Mrs, Baldwin

MrsBaldwin

Asked by MrsBaldwin at 1:02 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Identical twins are random. YOu cant "make" that happen. Fraternal twins are two eggs being released at once. You cant do much except take fertility pills & you cant just get those because you "want" twins.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Um, short of IVF or another form of fertility treatment (Clomid, etc), there isn't anything you can do, and you can't do much about gender. The best thing you can do is try having sex a few days before you ovulate. Boy sperm are quick, but they don't live long, and girl sperm are slower, but they live longer. So if you have them waiting in the wings when your egg us released. You up the chances of a girl. Foods, positions, herbs, etc have no effect. Also, genetics play a HUGE role in all this. If you have 5 boys already, chances are you'll have another boy, because DH's boy sperm get the job done and the girl ones don't. Twins are generally genetic, short of fertility treatments.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:09 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I heard eating yams can help increase your chance of having twins.
    sondamom0828

Answer by sondamom0828 at 1:12 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• LOLOLOL.. oh wow. the thought that eating yams ban give twins cracks me up. amazing.

gee i don't know any tricks on how to get God to give me twins let alone twin girls. i haven't figured that one out. my friend had twin girls.. i'll have to ask her how she mangaged that.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 5:35 AM on Nov. 7, 2010