Why wont she sleep in her crib anymore?

My daughter is 7 months old. We finally got her to sleep in her crib after months of trying to get her to stay in there. And all of a sudden recently she will only stay asleep if we are holding her or she is in bed with us or in her swing moving! As soon as we lay her in her crib sound asleep before we have even stepped back her eyes pop open and she lets us know that shes not staying without a fight. And I mean she can throw a TEMPER TANTRUM just like her momma! What is going on with that? Wont even take a nap in her crib!

LadyofIvory

Asked by LadyofIvory at 1:04 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is five months and she is the same way. I finally get her back to sleep in her crib by comforting her. I usually rub her back while singing lightly or patting her bottom lightly while singing lightly. A night light helps her. You can also try the passy at night, while comforting her. And they also have the teddy bears with the heart beat, which comforts them. When you let her sleep with you, its telling her, she has the choice... That if she crys long enough, mommy will put her in the bed with her, The teddy, makes her thing, she is...
    whitney30

Answer by whitney30 at 1:27 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• my daughter is the same way and shes also 7 months she never liked her crib so my husband and i give up -- she sleeps with us -- we'll going try again hope this time shell stay in
    Genesis29

Answer by Genesis29 at 2:40 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• You need to stay absolutely consistent. We always found it worked best for us to get into a sleep time routine that was always the same. Bath (if at night), lights out, drapes pulled, soft music on maybe, cuddling/rocking/swaying. When the baby got drowsy he was laid down and we left the room. If done in the same manner, all the time, the baby picks up on the cues and knows it's time for sleeping. The lady I do childcare for has also asked me to follow a set routine with her baby. If the baby cries at all it isn't for long. And I don't mean screaming their lungs out, but minor fussing. It would be difficult for you to change your baby's waking routine now, but it can be done. It might take a few times. I know there are moms who will disagree with this method but it is what worked for us. Our kids were good sleepers and happy babies. Good luck!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:46 AM on Nov. 7, 2010