Do You Take Advice From Your Kids' Teachers???

When they suggest you do something or give you input or feedback about your kids...

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 1:15 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• I do take their advice into account but don't always use it...you ultimately know your child best and know what they respond to and what they don't i have also learned that sometimes you have to be the one to tell them what your child needs!
    mikenjess

Answer by mikenjess at 10:46 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I will listen to my son's teacher's advice. I then consider whether it actually applies to my son and his situation. If she seems to have a point (especially since I know that she cares as to whether he succeeds or not) I will use her advice. Ulitimately, however, you are the one that knows your child the best and the best judge as to whether the advice is applicable or not. Good Luck!!
    1pickeboysmom

Answer by 1pickeboysmom at 1:36 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Exactly what the first poster said.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:39 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• No, but that's because I was a teacher, and they don't know anything I don't already know. I just smile and nod my head and go about my merry way.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:42 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• If I respect and trust their opinion, yes....if not, no.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 4:46 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I would listen respectfully, but make my own decisions.. teachers are not always the best advice givers lol
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 12:57 AM on Nov. 8, 2010