How Many Hours Do You Think Kids Should Be In School???

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 1:16 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• 5-6 hours a day max
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 6:28 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• However long it takes to get the work done. My kids are in school for 6 hours and then they come home and have 3 hours of homework. School should either extend longer to finish the homework up or less homework. My kids should not have to do school work or attend school for 45 hours a week. I am thinking more like 40 hours, like a job.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 2:10 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• 7 hours, 5 days a week.

Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 5:24 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I think a school day here is 7 hours (9-3:30) for elem. and that includes an hour for lunch and recess... I would think at those ages that's about right, and as they get older it should extend to 8 for middle & highschools because there is more included at the higher grades...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:23 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• 6 hours MAX and the only work that should be brought home should be whatever wasn't finished at school. If they can't finish academics, then they need to cut back on the "extras". I'd like to spend time with my kids doing the "extras" and learning more about other subjects rather than doing work that the teacher should be having them do in school.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:52 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• i really couldn't say each grade is different but jr high and high school i would have to say 7 to 8 hours cause it would give them then look of the time of the real world hours of work.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 7:32 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I'd say about 7-8 hours each day.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• my2 you must have attended a crappy school district back in the day. It's a shame. I LOVED school growing up. Home school works for some too. :)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• You can cover the standard in about 5-6 hrs per day
    mekarevell

Comment by mekarevell (original poster) at 12:57 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Zero hours. I think kids learn far more by staying with their families than they do in school.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:00 AM on Nov. 7, 2010