Premature Puppies?? (this Could Be A Dumb Question!)

I just Got a pup Who is said to be 10 to 11 weeks.. they also said that the mum had the pups early and 3 or them didnt make it.. the dog is a mix they are not sure but they believe the pups are lab husky.. but when i look up pics and 10 week old pups they look a lot alike.. buttttt that are so much bigger the the 10 wk old i have! so here is the dumb question.. is he just smaller because he is a premature pup?? and could he be healthy and okay if he was FIVE!!! weeks early!? i dont know much.. and please i dont need mean mommies being buttheads

SammiGirl07

Asked by SammiGirl07 at 1:25 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Pets

• There are "runts" of the litters. My boxer was the runt. She is now full grown and only weighs 45lbs. I constantly get asked how old my puppy is, yet she has gray on her face.....

IMO dogs are just dogs. I love them, but honestly don't think it matters when they are born.
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 2:11 AM on Nov. 7, 2010