What to do when your friend kids are bullies?

I moved to a small town and it took 3 years to meet 2 other moms. My closest friends' son is 4 and mine is 3yrs. Her son purposely gets mine into trouble. I have seen it on more then one occasion. Her son is mean and its hard because she is really my only real friend. What do I do? Keep in mind I have only known her for 2yrs and am considering just not talking to her anymore or letting my son around hers. I am torn and need some good advice, help.

Maggie577

Asked by Maggie577 at 1:27 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• IF I WAS YOU, I WOULD HONESTLY TELL MY FRIEND HEY YOUR KIDES A DAMN BRAT COULD YOU PLZ CONTROL HIM A LITTLE BETTER. IF SHES A REAL FRIEND SHE SHOULDNT GET UP SET BUT AT LEAST TRY TO KEEP A BETTER EYE ON HIM MORE WHEN YOUR KIDS PLAY..
    fransisca

Answer by fransisca at 1:21 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• i would tell your friend. "hey your son is picking on my son, can you please talk to him?" if she is a true friend she willl talk to him because friends dont let other friends children pick on their children. if you understand that. thats what i would do. and if it keeps happeneing then i think you should tell her the yall should take it to the principle or if its not in school,then your two sons should ne in time out for a while. just dont be mean to her, because you just became friends with her not that long ago, and if you say it very rude then shell think that youll rude. i hope this advice works. please email and add me to let me know if my advice works. good luck hun
    dement

Answer by dement at 2:33 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I suggessted we sit with the kids while they played so we could monitor what was going on. I simply said they don't always get along well. They could be watched closely this way. I got to chat with my friend, the kids got to play, and problems were addressed quickly. I also tried to get out once in awhile with that friend alone if the husbands could watch the kids for a saturday afternoon etc.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:04 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• my neighbor and i have the same issue with another neighbors kids. We have both spoken to her on seperate occasions about her children and the problems were still not addressed so the haven't played together in awhile and i know it upsets her but her kids hit and push the girls down and when the get in trouble she does not punish them and she kind of thinks the way they act is funny, but we do not...sometimes when the problems are addressed they do not get resolved and its hard because you do not want to lose a freind. We are still freinds with her and invite her out to do things and hang out with her.We just choose not to let our kids be bullied by hers.
    mikenjess

Answer by mikenjess at 10:42 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I would talk to my friend, if I thought it would work....if not, I would take matters into my own hands and gently scold her child when he is being mean to mine.....if that didn't work, I'd just stay away...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 4:45 PM on Nov. 7, 2010