For those that believe in sin...

Do you believe it to be a sin to have a sex change?

Honest curiosity more than anything. I'm watching "Taboo" and they are talking about people finding the idea of a sex change to be sinful... So I just wondered if that was really popular thinking or not...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 1:40 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'll brave the waters here...yes I believe it is a sin to have a sex change operation. It seems to me that the person is saying God made a mistake and didn't know me. God cannot make mistakes and it is impossible for him to lie. That being said, I believe we are born with as the gender God intended.
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 1:02 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I agree with jessa1091
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:36 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I dont know that it is a sin persay.... but I do believe it is a lie from the enemy to the person saying they are not who they are meant to be and people believe that lie instead of the truth of who they are and that is that God created them to be male or female and is precious in His sight. For the person believing this it is a perception issue of who they are
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:40 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• yes it is a sin. i say that whatever jesus makes you is what you should stay.
    dement

Answer by dement at 1:50 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Yes.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:00 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

I see where you are coming from jessa I really do. But, didn't sin enter the world through Adam & Eve's choices? Isn't it their fault, & Satan's, not God's? Babies are born blind, missing limbs, having extra parts of their bodies, lacking things, conjoined, I could go on forever. Are those God's mistakes, too? Why would gender be the one area that God made special & uneffected by imperfection like every other aspect of humans?

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 9:09 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Btw, I'm not Christian & don't believe in sin but, I was once Christian & know Christians who don't believe it's sin to be born with a "defect" for lack of a better word. So, I vote imperfection, not sin.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 9:11 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I don't really know that its a sin or not. I do believe that if God had intended me to be a man, I would have been born a man. We all have a choice in life, but just because mankind has the knowledge and technology to do something it doesn't automatically make it okay. However, if a person chooses to have a sex change operation, they should do it for a serious reason and not so they can get attention in the news or to hide from themselves.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 9:58 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• No, I do not. The world is changing, and so is our knowledge.....thinking a sex-change operation is a sin is based on honest ignorance of facts.....I believe we need to educate ourselves on gender and sexuality and update our thinking based on modern biology and stop being deliberately ignorant....it is hard to do this, though, because politics and propoganda based on fear instead of the truth and facts permeates our lives and we sometimes mistake it for proper education....it is so hard to get at the truth.....especially when you are a common human being and are not an expert in a field. Because then we have to choose whose knowledge and opinions to trust as based on fact and truth rather than fear...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:11 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I would say so ... ultimately sin is grasping for equality with God, and believing that one has the right to change how God made you is grasping for equality. It says that you have the authority to change what God has designed.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 2:44 PM on Nov. 7, 2010