What are some ideas for a 16yr old bday party without breaking the bank?

SSCamaroMom

Asked by SSCamaroMom at 1:14 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• when my middle daughter turned 16 I set up a makeup party through arbonne( it's like Mary Kay but more natural products) and it was no cost to me and the girls got facials and make overs and of course had to be asked to buy stuff but it was all okay and it was fun, plus I gave my daughter money to buy products she wanted out of the catalog
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:52 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Make a budget, talk to your teen to see what they want. Remember it's supposed to be THEIR sweet sixteen and come up with some fun ideas together. just because its their special 'once in a liftime' day doesnt mean go all out. It's always better to have fun than stress, and when a kid wants an over the top party to stress about how can it possibly be any fun? Fun memories are what most people remember and look back to. My sweet sixteen was sweets and treats. We made our own candy, wore candy and frosting to see who the best dressed was, and we even got our parents in on the fun
    MakG

Answer by MakG at 9:55 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Sweet 16 Party - not necessary - and was not the mainstream until MTV started that darn show.
    My daughter turns 16 in January and has asked to have homemade pizza and a small handful of friends over for movies in the den with the girls staying overnight.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:07 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• since i was going to have boys at my 16th b-day party we went and played laser tag in austin.... it was fun ans affordable for my parents who were having a little debt problem....
    jtaylor87

Answer by jtaylor87 at 7:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• When my son turned 16 we took him and two friends out to dinner at a nice retaurant we wouldn't normally frequent and then they stayed over and watched movies. He was happy with that. I really don't think you have to get too extravagant, I'd just ask what your child wants to do.  Maybe just a few friends over, some movies and pizza.

blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 9:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Sorry, I live Hawaii. Most of the time it's just family bringing food and the beach is all the kids playground with kayak, tubes, scuba diving, volley ball, soccer, paddle boarding, etc....it's just always an inexpensive and fun filled day! no matter the age! It works even for adults!
    808tiare

Answer by 808tiare at 6:53 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• The 16th Birthday for most young girls is a very special birthday. It is one that should be made memorable and there are many ways in which this can be accomplished. If you are like many moms and dads out there you might be a bit challenged is to exactly how to make that birthday stand out above and beyond the rest, especially in light of what seems to be competing and often escalating birthday celebrations. Keep reading for some excellent birthday party ideas to make your daughter's day shine.

While there are many friends that your daughter will have and many Sweet 16 parties she will attend you want to make her birthday party a little bit unique. For this reason there are several party ideas that will be mentioned below. You can elaborate on one theme or mix and match a few themes that capture your attention. Regardless any of these themes should be a little something special to make the day, or evening, a special event .
    josie726

Answer by josie726 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

While there are many friends that your daughter will have and many Sweet 16 parties she will attend you want to make her birthday party a little bit unique. For this reason there are several party ideas that will be mentioned below. You can elaborate on one theme or mix and match a few themes that capture your attention. visit for party ideas and products: www.mypartycelebration.com
    josie726

Answer by josie726 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• visit: www.mypartycelebration.com for party ideas and products..
    josie726

Answer by josie726 at 9:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2011