im having a hard time potty training. Any suggestions?

My 3 1/2 year old daughter is having a hard time potty training. I put her in underwear all day long and make her sit on the potty chair every 30-45 minutes.. . but she is still wetting through 6-12 times a day. Any suggestions?

catey_raina

Asked by catey_raina at 7:47 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• She's not ready.
    Honestly, you'd think at that age she is, but if she's still wetting, she's not. Has she been showing readiness signs? Like showing interest in the potty, asking about it, wanting to watch, holding her bladder at night? If not, I'd suggest putting her back in diapers for a bit. :/ I know it's a bummer. But give her even a month, and she may be ready then.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 7:53 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• My dd is 3 1/2 also and I just finally finished potty training her....the one thing I found that worked was that I told her that if she wet her pants...during the day.... she would not be allowed to play outside....one of her most favorite things to do...it took about a week and she was doing MUCH better. she has to have an initiative to use the potty. I tired potty prizes, potty dances and nothing was working until I did this....so with that in mind...find something she really enjoys doing and tell her that if she doesn't use the potty she will lose that privilege. It's hard at first because they cry and get so upset. But stick with it. Also I started taking her potty with me every time I went and talked to her about what I was doing and why I was doing it. That seemed to help her get more interested in doing it.

ErinaM

Answer by ErinaM at 1:14 AM on Nov. 2, 2008