How to control your temper?

I have a short fuse when it comes to my toddler. Any suggestions on how to keep yourself from blowing up in front of your kid?

phoofy

Asked by phoofy at 1:36 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• ask someone to watch them like your hubby and go for a walk to take a brake. that happened to me today with my son. i have to give him to his grandma for a while ant take a breake. and it helped.
    dement

Answer by dement at 2:25 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Count to ten first and/or take a few deep breaths. Make sure you are doing a lot of positive things with your toddler so they get plenty of positive attention and reinforcement. Plus praise when they do things right. Make your rules clear. Don't waver on rules. Include the child in any simple things that they can feel good about like helping you load the clothes dryer, handing them a rag to dust with when you dust, give them a toy mop when you mop, etc. Good luck!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:49 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• sometimes it good just to walk away, like into the next room for just a few moments to get into the correct frame of mind, granted I still have not mastered this completely. shouting is sometimes bound to happen but i do try to avoid it whenever possible. i have three now and i am getting better at this everyday...sometimes after they go to bed i sit my husband down and he just lets me vent about the day and i sleep like a baby and wake up ready to do it all over again!
    mikenjess

Answer by mikenjess at 10:35 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Are you getting enough sleep? Eat meat and veggies as your main nutrition, stay away from sugar and white flour and prepackaged foods.....make sure you get plenty of fresh air and sunshine.....you would not believe the difference it will make....(I know from experience)...do the same for your baby...plenty of sleep, outdoor play, and nutritious food....drink lots of water, too...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 4:43 PM on Nov. 7, 2010