what do i do if im not in love anymore?

Been married a year and together for 6. We have two kids and we fight all the time. I Don't want to kiss him or be intimate with him. My heart Just isn't in it anymore. What do I do? Where do I go from here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• sounds like you should be telling him this.
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 1:41 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• you guys need a break from all the fighting -- i was in the same situation with my husband --always fighting everyday we have a baby girl-- the last fight that we had was huge and i decided that we needed a break from each other i left with my mom to california (we live in arizona) so it didnt take alot of time for me to really know that he was the one and i love him with all my heart -- we just needed some space from all the stress -- so after 2 months we were together again and more in love with each other -- you should let him know that you guys need some space-- but i think is not a good idea for you to tell him that you dont love him anymore --try to get some space from him first and you'll really going to find out what are your truth feelings.
    Genesis29

Answer by Genesis29 at 2:08 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Well, first thing, you need to do some "soul searching" and discover what happened. You don't just wake up one day and decide you aren't going to love someone any more, so where did things go wrong? When did they fall apart? And do you believe things can be or do you want to save things? If you find yourself at a point where you don't think you even want to save things, then you need to take the proper steps to get out. If you would prefer to keep your family intact and work through things you need to involve your DH in the process and possibly consider marriage counseling. Either way I would say seek out a therapist for yourself, at least until you have the answers you need.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:10 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• You really need to talk to him,maybe you can work on it,If you still feel the same way then leave ,before you cheat on him.Hope it works out for ya
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 6:25 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• my husband and i are in the same situation. we have been fightingso much for the last 3 years that it has really put a dent in our relationship. i have told him many times that everything that is going on in our relationship is causing me to fall OUT of love with him. we have been trying to work things through, but don't really see things working. if your husband will, try marital counseling.... i know if mine would that what we would do.
    SapphireRose85

Answer by SapphireRose85 at 9:41 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• It sounds like there is a confusion between what loving a partner really is and notions of how romantic love "should" be. Time to have a good heart to heart and find out if you share beliefs, goals, values, dreams ... and if those commonalities are worth working for or not.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 10:55 AM on Nov. 7, 2010