Civil War?

Do you believe we are headed for one?

I was reading a "conspiracy theory" about it. It made scense to me that the possiblility of it happening are about 50-50.

Please dont make this a race thing. Thats not what I'm talking about. It could be Dems vs Repubs, Gov vs Civilians, ect. Any type of active fighting of at least one group of people against another in the same country is considered a civil war. Please try to keep it clean.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I see it as a possibility, more likely than I did even 5 years ago. And it is something that concerns me. It's one reason I pay more attention to politics and news than I used to.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 2:25 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I see it that way as well, May. The polarization between the progressives and normal people is widening severely. Unless we get the progressives out of office there is a good chance of it someday.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:11 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• While there is a large degree of polarization among the citizens of this country, I'm not so sure a "civil war" would actually break out, because those who are perpetuating the divide (progressives), are good at talking the talk, but are incapable of walking the walk, organizing themselves, or following through. Besides, without any firearms to protect themselves, the "battle" would soon be lost!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:41 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• but are incapable of walking the walk, organizing themselves, or following through. Besides, without any firearms to protect themselves

They organized themselves enough to get Obama in office and Dirty Harry and Nasty Nancy in power in congress, don't be so sure of what they could do. ALWAYS be prepared.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:18 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• It will be a short fight.......the progresssives thinks guns are evil. Hard to win a war with out them ;)
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:03 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Oh , just grow up.
    You have no SENSE.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:22 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• No. I do not see it happening. If you read the conspiracy theory blogs, you'll see every type of hairbrained idea. Of course, if you only looked at this debate forum, you would, too! The vitreol that is often spewed here would make one think that war could break out at any time between the different factions. But, this country has a long history of many different people with many different ideas, disagreeing, discussing, argueing, not always coming to agreement, but not going to war over it. We have a government system that is flawed, but is still the best in the world. Thankfully we are able to speak freely.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:58 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• No.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:16 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• If things keep going in the direction they are I see it. Washington still doesn't "get it" when it cones to what Americans are so upset about.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:21 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• You girls are so funny. You have your guns ready for battle don't you. Listening to wackos like Sharon Angle and Fox News a little to much. You people are scary

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 10:31 AM on Nov. 7, 2010