Toothpaste

Did anyone else have issues brushing there teeth while pregnant ?
Lately as my heartburn has been getting worse , i get horrible heartburn after I brush my teeth now and it feels like I could throw up sometimes , I tried changing tooth pastes but its still the same .
And I definitely dont want to go the rest of my 12 weeks with out brushing my teeth :/

mamabear93

Asked by mamabear93 at 2:21 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I didnt get heartburn but it made me gag and puke! Have you tryed cinnamon flavored or kids?
    LadyofIvory

Answer by LadyofIvory at 2:46 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• anything like minty does it , i didnt even think about trying kids because they actually have fruity flavors .
    ha ! thank you !
    mamabear93

Comment by mamabear93 (original poster) at 2:51 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Not heartburn but I would end up being really sick so if I was having one of those days I'd use mouthwash until later in the day then brush my teeth.....better than nothing hey!
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 3:46 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• When brushing my teeth during the 1st and 2nd trimester it would make me gag bad. I tried switching toothpaste too and it didn't work. I tried putting a small drop of toothpaste and that seemed to help me some.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 4:46 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Are you brushing your tongue in the back? I know I would brush my tongue and it would make me gag every time.
    gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 10:08 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• i stopped brushing my tounge in the back for the time being because if i did i'd automatically get sick ,
    but thanks for all the ideas ladies !
    mamabear93

Comment by mamabear93 (original poster) at 1:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2010