why does it hurt so bad to say gbye, again?

my babygrl is being dployed 4 the socond time, and gbye is not what i want to do!!!!!!she is so devestated and more worried about me than i am about her.

cyndired

Asked by cyndired at 3:02 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• oh i am very sorry to hear that. i hate deployments. all you can do is pray that she will be returned to you alive and well. and to keep yourself from worrying much.. put your trust in God. if you don't believe... (well i don't have any good advice other than to say... tell her to keep intouch with you as much as possible.

Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 5:46 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• You raised an awesome child ready to leave her dear mom to serve her country THANK YOU!!! She will be in our prays.
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 9:02 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Any goodbye with my children is difficult. Knowing she is well trained and is going to do what she feels she needs to do to serve our Country, even though painful for you, she is confident in her skills and her commanders. I was active duty when I was younger, I never really asked if anyone was worried about what I was going to do. I guess that is why I am so possessive of my children.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 1:09 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I am SOOO sorry, Mama!! It will never get easier, especially if there is a possibility of danger. Didn't you think to lock her up in the basement????? I sure would have!!! (trying to make you laugh) Your daughter is very brave & I hope she is OK & stays in touch a lot to ease your mind and heart!
    HUGE HUGS!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:58 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• thanks 4 ur support & just knowing that u put something out there & knowing someone cares to listen helps.
    cyndired
    cyndired

Comment by cyndired (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My DH is Air Force, and I know how I feel when he deploys. I can only imagine if it was my baby girl. But, know that they are WELL trained for almost any situation, and that they look out for each other over there. You just have to put your faith in her, her training, the people she's serving with, and in God (like a PP said, if you believe). Send her lots of care packages, and hope she can keep in touch with you often. As a wife, I always get told thanks for my husbands service. I would like to say to you as a mom, thank you for raising your daughter to want to do what is right and to stand up for her country. Thank you.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:52 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• lean on those who have been there before .you can find alot of support groups for moms of actively deployed soldiers they cna let you know ways to say in touch and strategies to help you cope till she comes home and send her a care package or two it will make you feel like you helped and she will feel like the most special person on the whole base when she gets it.
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 8:01 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My husband has been deployed 5 times. But I have only been with him for the last 3. I am not going to sugar coat this. It does not get any easier, no matter how many times they deploy, to say good-bye. Hang in there hun! Things are going to be a hard at first but as time goes by it gets just a tad bit easier. Good luck!
    jakeswife05

Answer by jakeswife05 at 8:22 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• First THANK YOU for raising a wonderful person to do what she does!!!!! I have never had to deal with that and I am sure it is hard. I would say lean on your family memebers and friends for support. I am sure that they will guide you through this tough time!! Prayers are with you mama!!!
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 8:35 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Thank her for myself and my family, with out wonderful people like your daughter we wouldn't be able to sleep safely.
    sunnyflower417

Answer by sunnyflower417 at 8:53 PM on Nov. 8, 2010