what should i do?

my son is already 19months but until now he can't talk, he can only make sounds.

iAmASingleMom

Asked by iAmASingleMom at 3:27 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• if you make sounds around him and he can react so he's hearing .. so don't rush things he'll talk soon dont worry
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 3:35 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Continue to talk to him all the time and when he makes sounds give him attention and encouragement.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:10 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• That's not unheard of, boys usually start taling much later then girls. My brother was almost 3 before he really talked (prob cause I didall the talking for him, I was 4 when he was born lol) but we know there wasn't a problem with his hearing becuase he hummed perfectly on pitch. Try to hum a song with your son, see if he will do it. You may have to take tim to a speach theropist but talk to your pediatrian first. If he still doesn't talk by the time he is two, I would ask her about it.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I'd ask the doctor about it.....try not to worry though, some kids are just late talkers....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 4:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Totally normal. all kids are different.
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 12:56 AM on Nov. 8, 2010