Would you spend more than $3000 in a "memory" matress? (the ones that you can adjust for confort)

home, style

Monica655

Asked by Monica655 at 4:15 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Yes, but I prefer our latex mattresses. The queen one was around $2700 and the king one was I think $3500. Latex feels softer but still gives the support. There's also no voids when you move that have to puff back up. They aren't as hot, either. You just have to be careful if you do buy a latex one because some brands mix in memory foam with the latex and the foam breaks down faster. The 100% latex ones can last 30 years.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:12 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Sure, if I had the money. Honestly I've never spent more than $200 on a mattress set, but if I had that kind of money for a new bed, I would love to do so.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:53 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• We spent quite a bit on our Tempur Pedic and do feel like it was worth it. Not only is it far more comfortable than any other mattress we've slept on, but it is supposed to last twice as long as a traditional mattress set, so in the long run, it doesn't actually cost any more.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:12 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I don't think any mattress would be worth $3000 or more...MAYBE a sleep number bed because it is definitely adjustable to you and hubs.
    JJsMoMMy519

Answer by JJsMoMMy519 at 10:03 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• nope, you can pay a lot less for a decent "foundation" mattress (ours is a conventional foam king from Ikea that was less than $500), then get a 3 or 4 inch memory foam mattress topper from Overstock for a couple of hundred at the very most, and it's just as comfy
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 3:25 PM on Nov. 8, 2010