Second child

How long did it take you to get pregnant with your second child? I have an IUD in right now, I get it out at the end of the month. With my first it took me a month to conceive, just wondering how long is the average range for everyone. I'm almost 23.

Mom2unangel

Asked by Mom2unangel at 4:31 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• i had a baby in october 2007, then again in 2010 and i'm pregnant again now.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 5:29 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• my second took about 3 months to conceive. My first only took a few tries, but I was 18 then, 26 the second time.
    endurablemist

Answer by endurablemist at 5:37 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I just got pregnant with my 2nd child. I got my IUD out on August 12 and found out September 10 I was pregnant. When I had my ultrasound, they found I got pregnant on my 2nd night of trying. But, now I am considered high risk pregnancy b/c I have a huge blood clot, the size of the baby in my uterus (I am 11 weeks now). I have had a lot of bleeding and cramping. My DH has to give me weekly shots of progesterone to keep me from bleeding and not miscarry. My doctor says normal pregnancies have a 1 in 100 chance of miscarriage, but now I have a 1 in 5 chance. Now, my doctor described to me in medical terms (which I did not understand) how I got the blood clot. But, I know my doctor (well the one I had, before I had to be referred to a specialist) told me to wait until I had my 1st period to start TTC. I didn't listen, so maybe getting pregnant so fast could have been a reason I got a clot. Good luck TTC!!!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 7:22 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Well I used natural spacing and nursed to achieve that. I got pregnant the first month after stopping my BC pill with #1 and with #2 I had one period at 15 months PP and then got pregnant again. I have an IUD (non hormonal) right now and my midwife told me to wait at least a month after having it out to TTC and use a back up method, but she never said why. I have the IUD because we do not want anymore children though.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:28 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• It took us three months to conceived my first child and I was taking the pills after my first I went back to the pills and I stopped taking them bc we wanted another baby. It took us again three months to get pregnant. Now I have the IUD because we are DONE having children.
    bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 5:09 PM on Nov. 7, 2010