Nightmares. TMI adult content

I am suffering from vivid nightmares of being raped by my ex-partner (who is currently on bail for raping me). I had a 10 year domestically abusive relationship with him and have got 4 children with him (at least 2 of which were the result of rape). The guy I am with now is aware of what I have been through and is very supportive, I just wish that I didn't have to continue suffering (albeit in my imagination). Any helpful advice, support or suggestions gratefully received. Thank you in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• im sorry-- i think you might need therapy it sounds like what you went through affected you mentally and if you having this vivid nightmares constantly you need therapy to help you.. but its a plus that you partner is supporting you..
    Genesis29

Answer by Genesis29 at 5:46 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• yeah I think you really need to see somebody,to get you though this.It is Good your SO is supportive.I am sorry you have to go though this.
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 6:01 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I agree with the other two ladies. You should be very proud of yourself, you did the first big step you left. You should know that you are a strong person with great strength and you know that these images you are thinking are not real anymore. He can not hurt you. It is great that you have a new person in your life that will support you in this. I wish you all the best. "HUGS"
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 6:39 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I agree with the other posts as well. From a safety standpoint, do you have a restraining order against your ex ?
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 6:44 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I was sexually abused by another family member when i was very young. And at first i didnt tell anybody but then my nightmares got so bad i had to tell someone. So my parents took me to therapy and i havent had any nightmares since then. I know it can be very embarassing at first to go to therapy and very uncomfortable to talk about it but trust me it helps!
    asweet_gurl04

Answer by asweet_gurl04 at 8:14 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I would seek counseling and therapy!
    EricaB2010

Answer by EricaB2010 at 4:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2010