How do I get my son to stop spending time with his fair weather friend?

Every time vacation rolls around, we head down south. There my son has a friend that moved down there about 5 years ago. We can never get them to leave us alone when we go down south. But as soon we leave , the mother acts like she does not know us. She would ask us to send a package full of things they do not get down south. Then it is back to just going on facebook and occasional joke e-mails. So after I told the mom no more facebook for me, she wanted to know if someone was bothering me. I told her I needed a break from that site. She then acted so cold as far as not answering texts, regular e-mails and her we are agian for this summer, and I am so done with this bs. What should I do? My hubby can not stand her husband at all. Should I bail out ? I don't want to hurt my son but me and husband are just sick of their bs. Advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• If you're "done with this", then why are you sending her messages? And your son? He should make his own choices regarding his friendships and where he invests his time, efforts, and energy.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 10:45 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• It sounds like she doesn't want anything to do with you guys.There is nothing you can do if she wont return any message..It is sad that the kids have to be in the middle.Good luck
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 6:51 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• We don't want anything to do with them. I am just tyring to keep it cordial for my son' sake plus I told her I was backing out of facebook.Remember how do I get my son to stop spending time with his fair wether friend?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:28 AM on Nov. 7, 2010