My DD will be 4 in january, she has never been on a schedule b/c I have to older kid's and was hard to do. So now I know she needs a daily schedule, and I also need help getting her to sleep at night in her own bed, any suggestions ?

Rash03

Asked by Rash03 at 7:46 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We are still trying and shes 4, I just walk her back to her room and remind her its bed time. and her bed is so much better.Yet then I get tired and she sometimes still ends up with me... I have faith we will all get through this

kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 7:54 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• been there before
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 7:59 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Luckily we started early with both of our kids as far as a schedule goes. It was the only way to stay sane back then lol. But it's never too late to start. Just be firm and consistent on whatever schedule you choose. Maybe explain to her that she is getting to be such a big girl now and this is what big girls do. Make her feel special about it and as if she is accomplishing something. I know it's rough, but just stick with it mama and you will be fine
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:28 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I hear you! Once she starts school and has her own schedule it will be easier. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:28 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• We managed to get my daughter on a schedule when she was still younger. She has a bedtime in her own bed of 8pm with a story, but sometimes crawls into our bed during the night. She gets up on her own when the sun wakes up; within 30 minutes, she requests breakfast. She doesn't really nap anymore.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Ahh...I remember, fondly, the days my daughter was on a schedule...somewhere between 18 months and 2 1/2 years of age her schedule went RIGHT out the window. She no longer naps...she will NOT sleep the entire night in her bed....and she's at the fussy age of 3 1/2.

Oh, I can get her to lay down in her bed and read a book, or watch a movie...but, inevitably, anywhere from 1 to 4 hours later, she'll come crawling into bed with me.

One day....I just keep telling myself that...one day she WILL want to sleep in her own bed!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 2:35 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Just stick to it. It will be a difficult adjustment, but you'll get there.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:45 AM on Nov. 9, 2010