My lil guy is getting tubes done tuesday

But now has a terrible cough/cold. Will they still do the procedure? He is 22 months old

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 8:27 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter had a bad cold too , when she had hers. I called and they said they could still do it. call the surgery center, just to make sure all doctors are different

kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 8:30 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• They probably would, I would think the tubes would help with the cold, so he doesnt possibly get another ear infection from the cold.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 8:36 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• call but I think they will do it anyway, the actual procedure is so quick! The nurses who took care of my son were so nice, he woke up in their arms and they came and got me right away, they gave him his favorite blanket right when he woke up, he was running around like a crazy person a couple of hours later. Good Luck!
    lovemylilman06

Answer by lovemylilman06 at 8:51 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• whn my son had his first set he was two and they said as long as there was no fever or ear infection they could do them. it is a very simple and quick procedure. and like lovemylilman06 said they run around like nothing happened a few hours later LOL
    mikenjess

Answer by mikenjess at 9:11 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Thanks moms...I am very nervous about this so thank you so much for the reassurance that its quick and they get over it pretty quickly
    leann74016

Comment by leann74016 (original poster) at 9:34 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Call and ask, but normally the requirement for any kind of surgery is no fever.
    mom2ljh

Answer by mom2ljh at 12:36 PM on Nov. 7, 2010