What method do YOU use to get rid of old toys and baby clothes?

Keep it in storage? craigslist? ebay? donations to thrift stores? charities? give to family members/friends?

mhaney03

Asked by mhaney03 at 8:37 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• Garage sale. I usually make enough for my husband and I to do something fun in the summer (overnight trip w/o kids)
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:39 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I was doing yard sales, now i just donate,

kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 8:40 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• i just go threw them and take them away there is a sell that happens in my area once a year and i put them in that to make some cash
    pooh2you

Answer by pooh2you at 8:40 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I keep them for future kids
    cudybug

Answer by cudybug at 8:52 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Give them to someone with smaller kids
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 8:56 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Goodwill

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:56 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• im actually planning on doing some cleaning out right now myself. I toss broken stuff obviously, then give things that are no longer age appropriate or my DS is no longer interested in to the thrift store. I am going to have my 4yr old help me to give things away. And this year for christmas I am going to have him pick out a toy to give to the toys for tots bin, and explain how some kids arent as fortunate as he is.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:00 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Rummage Sales, Consignment Stores, Goodwill or the trash
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 9:07 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I toss stuff the is stained or broken toys but if they are in good shape i give them to freinds and neighbors that have smaller children or donate to goodwill. i also encourage my two older children to give up toys that are in good shape that they dont really play with to our churches or to freinds that may be littler than them. they have so much and humbling them to the fact that the have more than most keeps them grounded and reasonable in the toys that they ask for and they also take much better care of their things because they want to help others!
    mikenjess

Answer by mikenjess at 9:09 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Thanks for the ideas ladies! We are about to open up our storage unit cause I'm tired of paying rent on it when it's full of stuff we don't use. A LOT of it is stuff the kids don't even realize they have -- my plan is to get them each a toybox and the rule is, they can only keep what fits in the toybox.. everything else has to go, and they are going to be able to choose what they get to keep so there's no crying about mean ol mommy tossing their "favorite" toy they didn't even know they had. I hadn't even thought of a yard sale, might end up doing that then donating everything that doesn't sell.
    mhaney03

Comment by mhaney03 (original poster) at 9:12 AM on Nov. 7, 2010