can i find out the sex at 15weeks?

i have a doctors appointment tomorrow and im 15weeks. i hope i can find out the sex of the baby tomorrow. i wont be in town when its time for my next appointment. i was wondering if it was possible to find out at 15weeks. im hoping for a boy.

shan02

Asked by shan02 at 8:41 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• In some cases you can. Maybe if the baby is measuring a little ahead of schedule, but it's doubtful. I was told at 16 weeks I was going to have boy/girl twins. Then at 18 weeks I found out they were DEFINITELY both BOYS. I guess baby B's little turtle wasnt developed enough to show its self just yet lol You may get a guess on what the gender most likely is, but I wouldnt take it to heart until your a little further along. Good luck! Hope you get your boy =) If not, girls are a blast
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:44 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Anything is possible. It all depends if your baby cooperates, your fluid levels, ect ect. They won't be able to tell you FOR SURE but the ultrasound tech will probably be able to make a fairly educated guess. I found out at 16 weeks that my first was PROBABLY a girl, and she was! But you never know until they pop out, lol, so take whatever the tech gives you with a grain of salt and don't go painting the nursery even if she thinks she can tell the sex, lol.
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 8:44 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• idk at 14 weeks they could not tell for me. i hope you get too
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 8:46 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• it IS possible but there's a high chance of it being wrong at this stage.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 8:47 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• to find out, to many o's there
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 8:47 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• They usually like doing gender u/s around 18-22 weeks because anytime before that they have more of a chance of being wrong. My u/s tech also said that most babies are in a better position to be able to tell at that time too. Good luck I hope everything works out for you.

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 8:47 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Sometimes.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 8:57 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• The doctor wouldn't try, but I went to a commercial ultrasound place at 14 weeks and it was very clear.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 9:42 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Maybe. It's never guaranteed that you will EVER find it out. ;)
    gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 10:03 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• i mean until you have the baby....obviously.
    gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 10:04 AM on Nov. 7, 2010