advice help! no rude comments please..

i found i was pregnant with twins and i lost one. im 15weeks and the doctor says my hcg levels are real low for 15weeks. i havent had my prenatal vitamins in over a month and he says he wants to put me on some medication to help my hcg levels. something that starts with a p. money is really tight right now. i dont have money for my vitamins and the medication. verge of being single jobless teen mom. advice please.

shan02

Asked by shan02 at 8:51 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Talk this over with your doctor and ask what resources he can guide you to for help with this. Be honest with him and tell him you need help.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:53 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Does your state pay for insurance for pregnants. In our state we do call social services or ask around. SO sorry to hear I wish you best and be strong
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 8:54 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• You can buy prenatals at any drug store. They don't have to be the prescribed ones.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:55 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• eat vegetable , beens, and much of omega 3 like nust , fish , calcium , orange , carrots lots of carrots , you can equilibrat med with foods dear if u dnt have enough money
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 8:58 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• i am sure you can get some help from the state. talk to someone about it. they can refer you to where you need to go.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:03 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• i was once a pregnant teen and i know what its like to feel sort of hopeless in this situation...talk to your doctor sometimes they can point you in the right direction. Or apply for welfare or speak to a social worker at the hospital you are going to deliver at sometimes if your state offers health insurance to help through pregnancy they can push the paperwork through and get you back on the right track. In the mean time just eat as healthy as possible stick to vegtables and protien for the baby.i wish you the best of luck and healthy pregnancy!
    mikenjess

Answer by mikenjess at 9:05 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Ask you dr if he can give you a supply of samples.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 9:34 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I would say that you should talk to your doctor about possible resources.

Have you applied for Medicaid? Also - I know some stores (like Meijer - don't know what state you live in) gives out prenatals for free (with a Rx). I would search "free prenatals and then your state/city" and see if you can come up with anything.

If you are a teen/mom you are going to have to get this ball rolling anyways. Definitely get yourself on Medicaid so that these kinds of things and your care and your baby's care wont be an issue.
    gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 9:51 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• in my state, if you go to meijers you can get prenatal vitamins for free. Also, if you just let your doctor know, they can even give you prenatal vitams.. not sure about the medication.. you need to ask your doctor, dont be afraid to ask..
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 5:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2010