All these questions about "white Pride, is this what you are referring too? Should he have been asked to remove?

The display, which featured a Ku Klux Klan figure alongside an effigy of a black man hanging from a noose, could be seen by drivers on Interstate 55.

Walter said his office had received several complaints about the display, so he contacted the office of prosecuting attorney Paul Boyd to see if it was within the sheriff's department's rights to remove it due to the problems it could cause.

Boyd encouraged Walter to discuss the matter with Hoskins and to ask Hoskins to take it down. Hoskins complied, but indicated he would contact his attorney with the intent of putting the decorations back up.

"There's been a bunch of people that's stopped by since I put them up," said Hoskins. "Said they want to shake my hand. They said they're glad to see a little white pride is still left in this country."

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 8:58 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It's sick and sad that thinly veiled threats and intimations of violence are what passes for 'pride'.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 9:06 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• white pride and white power are two different things, what this man is showing isn't pride. it's sick, that being said he should be able to put up stuff on his property that is supported by his rights. if it's not then he needs to comply and take it down.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:01 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• White pride? More like White shame. What is their to be proud of in that? Who cares about rights, its about responsibility- holding each other accountable. I don't exercise all of my "rights" but I do try hard to exercise all of my responsibilities.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:54 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Good try at what? Those are HIS words. not mine

You are being deliberately obtuse. YOU are the one trying to compare those in previous Q's to this racist. Your ORIGINAL question is about people wanting to have white pride and being called racist. JUST like you are doing . Way to prove their point. So I guess what YOU are saying is that ALL people who claim to have black pride and things like BET and Ebony magazine should be compared to The idiots in the black panthers.....

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:29 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• That's disgusting. Vulgar. Hateful.

On the other hand, at least everyone driving by on the interstate knows what kind of person he is! :D
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:52 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• That disgraceful picture, in my opinion, is not white pride at all. That is obscene racism, bigotry, and hatred. The only time something like that should be seen is in a museum --preferably an old picture that someone took, not that.. And it should be used to remember what some went through. White pride is something totally different. I personally believe you can have respect for your culture and background without being a racist.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 10:40 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Wow! I'm speechless! "white pride"??? WTF??

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:59 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• No it's NOT and anyone with even an OUNCE of SENSE would know that. Good try tho.....

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:02 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• http://www.therightperspective.org/2010/10/29/klan-hangs-blackman-for-halloween/

This is the article...right? Its a KKK guy in Missouri.
    WHat a SICK SICK man.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:14 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• That's horrible! Yes, he should have been asked to remove it. That's not pride...that's hate.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:18 AM on Nov. 7, 2010