Why is it when people ask for advice....

They get angry at what people have to say? They seem to wait for 1 person that has the answer they're looking for. But yet, everybody else who said anything is wrong?

I just don't get it.

And no, I'm not saying anybody here or there. Justs in general.

Chell.o_0

Asked by Chell.o_0 at 9:04 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• You're so very right. They aren't looking for advice, they're looking for approval - and then upset when they don't get it!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 10:20 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• They get angry because its not what they wanted to hear....
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:28 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I agree with the ladies above. Some people seem to look for the answer they want because that is what they already made up in their mind. I guess they just want some reinforcement to back up what they want to do anyway and if no one sees their point they get upset
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 9:43 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• the truth hurts. people in general shouldn't ask a question if they are not ready for the truth.
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 10:36 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I found that some people ask for advice and don't take it or listen because they just want to vent or have someone to listen to them . Not saying anyone on here but just people, I know my sister is bad about that .

waitin4u

Answer by waitin4u at 9:29 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Because sometimes people want reassurance, or are in denial about their situation, or they want "permission" to do what they did, do what they are going to do, etc.

Once, someone on here asked if you could be in love with 2 people at the same time. I said 'no, I think your relationship with one is lacking, or you don't really love either & are just gettin what you want form 2 people, but I no, not really in love'. JMO, I didn't say anything about her situation or her. Then she starts messaging me 'my DH isn't lacking, you don't understand, they are both good guys, blah, blah, blah' I told her to keep it in the thead I had no interest in having a personal debate with her. In my head though I thought "if they are such good guys why are you screwing them over?" but, I wasn't trying to get into it with her so I kept it to myself.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 10:12 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• WHen I read some of the questions here, I wonder if they are just wanting attention. They could Google and get the answer. Or if it is a personal matter,they just want to vent. And some of the questions are so mangled and garbled and a bunch of TEXT words...and I just skip them. It desn't seem there are any authentic,rational questions lately. I like to give advice and encouragement and support....if that is what they REALLY want.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:14 AM on Nov. 7, 2010