how do i get my three year old interested in potty training?

LolaAnn

Asked by LolaAnn at 8:09 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• your three year old might not be ready yet they know when they are ready my son didnt potty train til he was 4 and my 3 year old is still in diapers at night
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 8:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I just finished potty training my 3 year old dd. One thing I did was to let her come potty with me and explain to her what I was doing and why? If your child is a boy maybe talk to Dad or SO and see if they are willing to try that....you can also get books or videos that are age appropriate that help spark interest.
    ErinaM

Answer by ErinaM at 1:03 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I have a 3 year old boy and he was pretty hard. I tried I thought was everything but then a friend said to try candy... everytime he went potty he got 1 peice of candy and when he pooped he got 2 peices of candy. He is now potty trainned but when he does have an accident in his big boy underwear I actually have to take something away that he really likes...
    ashleyalsip

Answer by ashleyalsip at 2:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2008