Ways to deal with Night Sickness Instead of Morning Sickness??

I am about 6 weeks and 5 days pregnant and Instead of Morning Sickness I get Night sickness which Is Arkward But Yep It is True! I tried tea and crackers but nothing works. I Need Help??

Sexcijay85

Asked by Sexcijay85 at 8:09 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I used to call it "All Day Sickness" because well, it was all day for me. One thing I have heard that helps is...do you take a prenatal vitamin? If so, when do you take it? Do you take it at night? Some prenatals can cause nausea.

Have you tried anything with ginger in it? I've heard that works too. But I know everyone's different. Crackers never helped me but those cheddar & bacon chips worked?? Go figure. Luckily I only ate a few at a time to just curb the nausea or I would have been 500 lbs! LOL
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 8:12 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• uugh, my "morning" sickness is more prominant in the evening.
    Different things work for different people.
    I get by on saltines, cereal... other things you can try are ginger ale/sprite, hard candies.. ect.
    Try eating something in bed before your feet hit the floor.
    Hopefully you'll start feeling better soon. I'm 14 weeks, and it's getting a little better.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 8:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Ginger chews from a whole foods store really helped me. There are also preggie pops (available at most Walgreens or CVS pharmacies). Also, you can ask your OB for some Phenergan for the nausea or in extreme times (I've been there) Zofran is the BOMB!!! (but very expensive)!

One of the most important things to do though (although you really DON'T want to) is EAT!! The more you hold back on food for fear of barfing, the sicker you really get. Hunger can cause nausea too, so make sure to eat something, anything. With my son, SALSA worked, the hotter the better, with my DD, Zofran was the only thing that worked for 15 weeks! This time around, it was anything salty (beer salt, french fries, salty potato chips ) and ginger chews.
    son_and_moon

Answer by son_and_moon at 8:21 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Ah: Re the preggie pops!! My husband went to CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid, and couldn't find the darn things!! Every pharmacist said they'd never heard of them!
    So I'd just go to Babies R Us the first stop, or order them off the internet.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 8:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• That is how my entire first pregnancy was. I found that it was worse if I didn't snack between lunch and dinner. Try to eat small little snacks often. Laying down helped me the most. I would eat dinner and then lay down on the couch and watch a tv show with dh. Hope it passes soon. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 9:21 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• its called morning sickness but it can be anytime throughout the day, and night and morning are exactly the same thing when it comes to pregnancy sickness. unfortunately somethings wont make it go away, it usually will subside but like week 14 or so.
    Anonymous

• i'm 6 weeks and 5 days pregnant to.not to much sickness yet.put with my first I also called it all day sickness nothing really help if I didn't have work a would lay in bed it would help a bit put any little move i made I would get sick all over again.i hope you find something to help you.
    momangel05

Answer by momangel05 at 3:04 AM on Nov. 2, 2008