what made you decide on your child's name?

SapphireRose85

Asked by SapphireRose85 at 9:17 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We just knew that was it when we heard it. We were throwing around names, and Monique came up. Monique is my husband's grandmother's name. We loved it, but there were a lot of family members who didn't (I know, our child) which made us think a little more. Then I brought up Evelyn, which is my grandmother's middle name, and dh said he loved it. And one of us suggested making Monique the middle name, since we still loved that name too. And that's when we knew we had named our baby.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:40 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• With oldest daughter we went for Anne-Marie because her father had said he always wanted a little girl called Anne-Marie. With 2nd daughter, she looked so much like me at birth that I went wirh Rachel, because that was one of the names my parents were thinking of using (but didn't) for me. With youngest son, he was due Christmas day so I knew it had to be something that reminded me of Christmas. A friend suggested the name Joseph, so that stuck. With youngest daughter, she was conceived in the morning so we went with the name Dawn. Her middle name is Elizabeth after her paternal grandmother.
    Creating78

Answer by Creating78 at 9:36 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• My grandfather's name was Eddie. I am against nicknames as real names lol, so we went with Edward. Paul is a name that is past down through my husband's family. We had our name as soon as we found out we were pregnant. If he would have been a girl it would have been Brenna Rose.
    lovingedward

Answer by lovingedward at 9:24 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Well my oldest is almost 13 and when I was 5 mos. preggo with him we bought a baby name book. Looked through it and chose Joseph. Call him Joey. Not one Joseph in our both families and we're both Italian. When I was preggo with other son and found out it was another boy we had a hard time. My husband wanted Carmine or Salvatore. I didn't because we're not right off the boat from Italy. We chose Daniel. It's more of and Irish name I think. We call him Danny. He has an angelic face and it fits him. Love my Joey and Danny.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 9:29 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• To be honest i've just always LOVED the names! My dh wanted to name our first born after him, but I wanted him to have a different name than daddy so he's Noah Joseph.. With my baby girl, I just loved the name.. it was hubby's turn to pick the name since I picked our son's, but I STILL ended up picking the name.. Ava Grace!! :0)
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 9:33 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• My son's name is Jude,after St. Jude. I prayed to St. Jude to bless us with a child. Our prayers were answered,and we have a beautiful son.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 9:40 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• My oldest daughter got her name because I was adopted in the state of california, my husband was adopted when his parents used to live in Pennsylvania...so when we married we made our very own family tree since neither he or i know anyone from our biological family...speaking strictly of blood line, from my first daughter up the family tree will end with Cody and I. So we named her Trinity because she is the 3rd person in a brand new formation of a family tree :) We named our 2nd and last baby out of a baby name book because it was the only name we could agree on Ada...I wanted something that signified the number 4, for reasons above but couldnt find any names.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 9:49 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Because of what they meant. My DD's name means "Unconquerable, first born daughter". DS #1 means "Loyal Defender". DS#2 means "Soldier"
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:17 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• About a month before I had my 1st child, I fell in love with the name Jillian. It was just a beautiful name to me. With my 2nd child, I was taking a bus to a fair. I saw the name Riley listed on the bus. I just fell in love with it. It seemed like the perfect name to me. Then my sister spelled my sons' name, Rylee. That's what happen when you end up in ICU, family gets a hold of your child's name. lol
    MuddyHuggies

Answer by MuddyHuggies at 12:34 AM on Nov. 9, 2010