Should I feel this dizzy and tired?

I'm 14 weeks pregnant and 10 hours of sleep per night just isn't cutting it. Unfortunately I work in the morning so there's not much I can do. When I finally get up, it's very hard to get ready. Even something as simple as straightening my hair makes me start to feel sick and dizzy. Then at work it gets worse because I'm a waitress and am always walking around quickly. I almost fainted yesterday when I got so dizzy and hot over just standing that I started to feel sick, couldn't see, and barely made it to the bathroom to fall on the floor.

Honestly I thought this was just going to be a different pregnancy and nothing was wrong until a coworker with 3 kids told me I should bring it up at my next doctor's appointment next week. I didn't want my boss to think of me differently just because I was pregnant, but this is making it hard for me to get to work every day and do well.

ours

Asked by ours at 9:22 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it could be your blood prersure dropping or low blood sugar....all that stuff can change when your pregnant. i would call the doctor before something happens...like you actuall past out! Hope you start feeling better
    Becnfamily

Answer by Becnfamily at 9:37 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I had that problem with my pregnancy...It was my only pregnancy so I didnt know it wasnt normal to feel like that. Bring it up to your doctor and I hope your doctor is better then mine was...Also if you have stockings/nylons then wear those to see if that will help. This will constrict your legs more so that your blood wont pool in your legs. Hope things get better!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:42 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Yeah. Pretty normal. I blacked out several times in my first trimester. Actually got carried out of a venue during a show because I went out and fell off a chair. Lots of vertigo, tunnel vision, cotton ears.
    Stay hydrated, take your vitamins, and bring it up at your next appointment.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 9:43 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I believe it's normal, i still feel that way at times and i am 28 weeks.. But my midwife told me to start walking which should give me more energy here is a couple sites you can look stuff up on. I would discuss it with your doctor.

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/dizziness.html

http://www.babycenter.com/0_dizziness-and-fainting-during-pregnancy_228.bc
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 9:44 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I hate to tell you that it's normal, but it is. If it's extreme make sure you let your care provider know.
    gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 10:05 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I feel for you on the tired part.Im tires al the time so i would say its kinda normal.
    aliceinlove

Answer by aliceinlove at 10:32 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• have you started taking prenatals? I had that when I wasn't taking in enough iron.
    DeathBat

Answer by DeathBat at 1:15 PM on Nov. 9, 2010