Is there a certain amount of time I sbould wait to send my preschooler and pre k children back to school after the stomach went around the family?

mommy2each

Asked by mommy2each at 9:29 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Just make sure they are no longer sick and then send them back to school. Try to have then drink some orange juice to boost their immune system so they dont get sick again. Hope everyone is feeling better!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:32 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• When they no longer have any symptoms, they shouldn't be contageous. it's fine to send them back. I know you're probably anxious for that. It's great that you're considering other kids. Many people don't.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:41 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• You mean stomach flu? As long as they are not puking or diarrheaing or have a temp. They can go back to school.

Answer by louise2 at 9:56 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• 24 hours AFTER they are fever free WITHOUT the help of meds. 24 hours AFTER they have stopped vomitting or have diarrhea. That is the rules at the school district in my city and at ALL the preschool/day cares, not to mention state law.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:05 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Wait, your state has a LAW concerning this?? Odd....

I agree that once they are symptom free (not getting sick, can actually hold down food, and have no temp), they're good to go. An immune system boost is probably a really good idea, like the other poster said :)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 10:13 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• 24 hours of no symptoms and feeling normal -- then they will be ready to go back to school.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:19 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• 24 hours of no symptoms
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 10:35 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• After 24 hours of no temp or other symptoms.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 12:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• just make sure they r no longer sick...make sure n e one in the family who is sick stays clear of the children till they get better....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I think that 24-48 hours is best. Make sure there is no fever, diarrhea, lethargy, etc.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2010