How to use saline solution with a newborn

I couldn't find a video on how to properly insert saline solution drops into my daughter's stuffy nose. Will someone please tell me how to do it? Which way do I tilt her head and what not? Thanks!

SMH2010

Asked by SMH2010 at 9:53 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Lay her on a changing table and put a few drops in her nostrils and then use a ball suction to gently suction out the mucus.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 9:56 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Sorry meant to say a couple of drops (not at a few)
    Syphon

• I sat my son upright in his high chair and slowly squeezed the bottle once. Don't squeeze too hard or it will come out with too much force. Then I would let his nose drain out by itself & lightly pat with a tissue. If you lay the baby down, it will go into their throat, you want it to drain out. Just do it gently & slowly.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:49 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• i hold my baby sitting upright in my lap and squeeze two sprays in each nostril wait a minute then suction them out.
    eliesmommy1989

Answer by eliesmommy1989 at 4:11 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• i Lay her on a changing table and for get drops just get some in what ever you can in her nostrils and then use a ball suck it out but it is harder then that the trick is getting her to sit still to do it mine hate it and get a cold humidfier it help it really does it will help along with the drops
    momanddadyoung

Answer by momanddadyoung at 8:35 PM on Nov. 7, 2010