Husband has left and dont know where he is.

After 24 what i thought wonderful years my husband walked out 2 weeks ago and we have had no contact. Iam not sure where he is. He may be with this girl he met on the internet that he thought was his soul mate. Iam just have such a hard time dealing everyday with him being out of my life. In my head i know it is best but that does not make my heart hurt any less. Iam watching my daughter go into a deep state of depression because her dad that she thought was the greatest thing has also left her with not even an emails saying is he is alive and ok. I finally talked her into getting into therapy but that will only help so much. We were such a close family and he just snapped and we dont even know who he is anymore. Sometimes i think he will come home any minute but other times i think i will never see him again. I just dont know how to cope with all he left me with. It hurts so bad. I feel like iam going insane sometimes. Help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I am so sorry you are going through this, it sounds like you will eventually with time be better off without him, just as he went on about his new life, you should think about doing the same. Life goes on and so should you.

Answer by older at 10:01 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Sorry you and your daughter are going through this. Have you started counseling too? It will help if both of you are in counseling to get through this difficult time. It is not going to be easy but the two of you will survive because you have each other. Take time to get angry, grieve, cry, etc and then move on with your life. Your husband is the one who is losing out. Hugs to you and your daughter.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:09 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I'm so sorry!! I kind of know how it feels. My ex husband used to cheat on me...while I was pregnant with both of his children... and once, he was deployed to Iraq and I was hearing things from his neighbors back where we were stationed. He had made me move in with his parents while he was gone. I checked his email, 3 weeks after having our second baby, and found emails between him and a girl in our former complex! He said he loved her, and called US baggage. When I called him out, he vanished for 2 whole months!!! He finally called one morning and apologized. I took him back, of course. We ended up divorced anyways... but that feeling of not knowing, it sucks! You feel abandoned and devastated. *Hugs* I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    BrittBratt

Answer by BrittBratt at 10:10 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• i will get my daughter and myself some help and will not let his ass back in ,mainly because he has been an absolute no show no checking in not even with daughter is a no no it'll best for him to stay away good luck
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 10:13 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Let me start off by saying I AM SO SORRY you are going thru this pain. I KNOW that pain. My husband of 15 years and three kids later walked out on me as well. He left to run to the gas station to get cigarettes and it took him 4 weeks to call, when he did it was ONLY because I was going crazy worried sick and all his friends new it. I will not tell you it will be easy, or that you should move on with your life. What I will tell you is the only ONLY thing that got me thru the most difficult times, is I threw myself into my kids and living for them. As hard as it was I knew I had to or I would fall into a depression I knew I would not come out of and the kids deserved better then that. It was a long eleven months of in and out -an emotional roller coaster, but FINALLY I can talk to him when I want not because he finally called and I can not talk to him by my choice, without crying and wanting him home. Time lots of time!
    crazy1974

Answer by crazy1974 at 10:17 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• big hugs
    ahsweetness

Answer by ahsweetness at 10:18 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I honestly could never imagine! It's really terrible that he has abandoned his family! I think that you too should talk to a couselor, so that you can try and recieve that kind of help to move through this. Contact his family members and see if they know where he is. He has to have talked to someone. I really wish all the best for you!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:20 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I'm sorry. I can't imagine going through that. I would suggest getting therapy for you and your daughter.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I feel like running away everyday from my DH. I feel like I could snap anytime now because he treats me so terribly. I am not saying this is your cause. I would let him go entirely. Do things you want to do. Maybe you will find him being gone is a blessing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• There is no easy answer for you, hon. You and your daughter deserve better and you will have it. You're doing the right thing by seeking advice from a worthy support system.
    I wish you much tenderness, take care of yourself
    juliawerre

Answer by juliawerre at 1:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2010