Hi, do i have to be worried, that my babytummy hasn't grown in the last months?

Hi, do i have to be worried, that my babytummy hasn't grown in the last months? I am very slim and now in the end of my 17th pregnancy week. Does it mean, that the baby isn't growing? I am worried. But the last ultrasound was normal. Is it gonna be a small baby? Sickly? I am eating well and alot. So what is it?
Thanks for reading
Miriam

MiriamKemuri

Asked by MiriamKemuri at 10:09 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Health

• You don't do much growing before week 20, so if the ultrasound shows that baby is growing normal I wouldn't be worried. With my first I never even looked pregnant, but because i'm a little chubby (size 14) but with my daughter I popped out in the last trimester
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:12 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• No need to worry!! It is still early in the pregnancy...you will hit right about 20 then all the sudden blow up and feel like a beached whale...sorry but you will. I was very small before I got pregnant and didnt start growing (at least that I could tell) untill i was closer to 20...just keep on eating stay hydrated and exercise...And hope your pregnancy goes well!! And CONGRATS!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:16 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Yup...just like the others said, it's all normal. I didn't start "showing" with my first until my 22nd week...and then it went from "slight bump" to "ohmygoshI'mhuge" bump o.O
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 10:24 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Everyone grows at different paces
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:12 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• In 20 weeks, you'll look back at this post and chuckle and moan. No worries.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:12 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• first two kids i was big and the babys where 7lbs each my next i thought i had not gained alot of weight by time he was born he weight 6lbs so it means nothing if you worry the stress will put you have your baby sooner just hang in there your chid is fine
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 8:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I was very small my entire pregnancy, some people just don't have huge bellies when they are pregnant. If you are really worried though, get in to see your dr.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:19 AM on Nov. 8, 2010