How much a pound do you pay for your turkey?

My hubby is dying to buy a turkey right now I told him to wait because they will go on sale for close to 50 cents a pound. Am I right?

TiffanyPlew

Asked by TiffanyPlew at 10:15 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Our local grocery stores, Tops and Wegmans compete each year. So right now, with a $25 store purchase (including the original price of the turkey) they are 38 cents a pound. Some years they have been as little as 19 cents a pound.

I bought a 23 pound turkey for $8.74 yesturday. And I'll do my grocery shopping a little at a time and buy 3 or 4 more for the freezer to last us the year
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:48 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Yes, 50 cent a pound sound good. You are right.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:20 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• They aren't on sale here yet. The normal price is about 1.29 per lb, but near Thanksgiving it could be about 29 cents per pound, so I stock up.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:06 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I do the same thing buy some now and buy a few extra birds for the freezer! Can't beat the .20-.39 per pound deals! We love turkey and this time a years heck yea!!!
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 11:15 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Thanks ladies! It is cheaper than I thought and thats what I have been telling my hubby is wait. We also just got a freezer thie year so I will be buying extra!
    TiffanyPlew

Comment by TiffanyPlew (original poster) at 11:45 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Wished we had a deep freezer or I'd be buying now..no room in the freezer at the moment.

In FLA here the prices will be about .49 cent a pound here too the closer to Thanksgiving it gets.......right now Butterball is .99 cents a pound.
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 1:35 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Right now I can get them for 39cents a pound and free with a ham purchase (ham is on sale too). Otherwise right now a good price here is 69cents a pound, til closer to T-day - then we'll find them as cheap as 19cents a pound.
    Anonymous