How do I get my 2 year old to stop pooping in the floor at nap and bedtime?

I've tried everything from going to the potty before, spanking, talking to, hard to get off clothes, time out, making him clean it, even ducktaping his diaper. What do I do? I have to get my carpet professionally cleaned often.

BraykysMom

Asked by BraykysMom at 2:15 PM on Jul. 4, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• For anyone reading this who might have the same question. I figured it out. (It only took about a year, Literally). I cut the feet out of some one piece pj's and put them on him backwards to zip them up. Problem solved.
    BraykysMom

Answer by BraykysMom at 1:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• It happens my daughter went through a phase of this and did for quite a while but she liked to play in it. We spot cleaned and then would use our rug doctor once a week. We tried a lot of things to stop it but really she did on her own.
    TheEyesDesire

Answer by TheEyesDesire at 11:11 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• something about the fact they can control their bowels and you can't especially he's pulling it at bedtime and naptime? mine did that only in his crib. he would also cry until he would almost vomit. all i could do is clean it giving no eye contact and without talking to him. he eventually wore himself out that i cleaned it everytime with no problems and he went right back to bed
    brimarie8

Answer by brimarie8 at 2:51 PM on Jul. 5, 2008