What's your favorite thing about Christmas?

newmom28

Asked by newmom28 at 10:25 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• all the YUMMY food n seeing my baby happy
    joeysmommie07

Answer by joeysmommie07 at 10:33 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I love giving people presents and seeing the smile on their face and to just see them light up =) Last year a friend of mine wanted to give his kids a game system like a Wii but he didnt have the money for it. I had both a playstation 2 and a playstation3 so I took the PS2 that I had and along with all the games we gave it to his kids for christmas. He was so happy and his kids couldnt wait for us to hook it up for them...all 3 of them were crying because they were so happy. Another friend of mine didnt have the money to do anything for her 3 kids no tree no nothing....So DH and I got a small tree and decorated it when she was at work and got the kids a DVD that they have been wanting. We just got new couches and needed to get rid of our stuff so since she only had folding chairs in here livingroom we brought them over and set it up for her when she was at work one night. Once again tears of joy =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:33 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Being reminded of what Jesus did for us, & being w/ tons of family, and knowing we are all safe together!! Not worrying about anything, just having fun! I LOVE CHRISTMAS!
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 10:40 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• When it's over.

Sorry but its so much work! I was in cancer treatment last year, did chemo and my last of 38 radiation treatments on Dec. 23rd. So I opted out on all the hoop-la. My DH put up a tree, first time in 16 years! I honestly think it was the first Christmas I really enjoyed since I was a kid. I just enjoyed the "meaning" of Christmas, the birth of Jesus! I didn't have to entertain, I was entertained for once! We quit giving gifts in our family two years ago (only to the little ones) and that was a huge relief, no one needed anything anymore, or can buy whatever they want. A "simple" Christmas is the very BEST! This year I am actually looking forward to it!
    mommerbean

Answer by mommerbean at 10:40 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• the music, lights, smell, the happiness.
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 10:42 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• December 26th. I know, BAH HUMBUG..I just don't like Christmas. I like the meaning, but I don't like the obligatory spend X amount of money for each kid just for the sake of being in the "holiday spirit" particularly when I buy toys from them all year round. If I could do it all over again, I would not even celebrate Christmas.

Signed,
    Scrooge.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:42 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• i love the way the decorations feel magical.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 10:43 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• When it's over...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:49 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• The gifts, definitely!

J/k, lol! It has to be the memories of past Christmas' and spending time with my family. For some reason, Christmas time just makes everything seem softer, less harsh, and more beautiful. I love the feeling in the air around Christmas. Maybe it's all in my head, but I love it! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:03 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I love to decorate, well used to when I had room to do it. Since moving in with his mom, we just don't have the room for me to do like I used to. I also like giving out cards and gifts. Even if we don't get anything, I like doing the giving.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:09 PM on Nov. 7, 2010