What are 3 reasons you decided to ERF your child/children?

Whitesoxcutie

Asked by Whitesoxcutie at 10:28 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• ERF????

Answer by louise2 at 10:30 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Extended Rear Facing
    Whitesoxcutie

Comment by Whitesoxcutie (original poster) at 10:36 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• One reason.

It's safer
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:53 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Sarah's small size, she's 3 and weighs 28lbs, the fact that it has been proven to be so much safer, and people in Vegas drive like morons so I feel she needs the extra protection of ERF.
    caseyloo

Answer by caseyloo at 10:54 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Tell me. Why is rear facing car seats SAFER then forward facing? I had my first in 1978 and second in 1984. Before car seats where a mandatory thing.

Answer by louise2 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I chose not to b/c it is rediculous, and the fact is it is just as unsafe f hit rom behind. I am not a freakish fear-monger
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 5:55 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• My older three children were born in 1988, 1990 and 1999. , back then I don't know of anyone who ERF, in fact, the older two didn't have to sit in a booster seat. When I first heard of it this time around, I too, thought it was unnecessary. Then I did the research. The majority of accidents are not from behind and if you are in an accident from the front or side, the risk of internal decapitation is higher, as are other severe neck injuries.
    I am not a fear monger. In fact, being used to raising kids in the 90's, I think some of the 'safety' precautions of today are foolish. This one, when I did the research, just made sense.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:14 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I completely agree. Some parents take things too far but this makes sense. Its simple. ERF has been proven to reduce the risk of a neck injury in the event of an accident.
    Whitesoxcutie

Comment by Whitesoxcutie (original poster) at 9:47 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• lets see i don't want my children in a wheelchair for life, internal decapitation, and its just plain safer. does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out :) simple laws of physics, and it works for getting rearended as well since whats in motion stays in motion :) can tell that the pp are not very educated.
    mama2mycuties

Answer by mama2mycuties at 11:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2011