What do you do about sibling rivalry?

My mom didn't do anything that I can remember about the sibling rivalry between my sister and me. Did your parents do anything?

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 10:51 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• i have a 10yr old boy and a 5year old girl and a 6 month old boy, my two oldest used to fight all the time. they have now been conditioned to know that if i catch them or they come running to me to tattle on one another its time out for both mom doesn't care who started it lol...if they continue i ground them or take away something they love such as bikes or video games or princess movies and more time out ensues.

i hope i was helpful. and best of luck to you!!
    mikenjess

Answer by mikenjess at 10:57 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• My oldest sons are only 2 and a half years apart, and the sibling rivalry is getting way out of hand also... if you find any good tips let me know.. mikenjess ill be trying the time out for both for snitching.. the BS gets old
    1htmma4624

Answer by 1htmma4624 at 11:02 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Nope, and the best thing to do is to stay out of it, with the exception of enforcing the rules of respect.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 4:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• no
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 12:53 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I don't foresee anything happening with my daughter and her brother (bonus son); they're 7 years apart. If anything, things might happen when The Boy is in his late teens and The Girl just starting hers.
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 5:37 PM on Nov. 8, 2010