time management for sahm

what works for you? i have so much to do it seems like i can never get it done. and i feel like i never get my cleaning done.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Home & Garden

• when you figure it out let me know!
    bigtrucksgirl

Answer by bigtrucksgirl at 8:21 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I get off my butt and do it. I'm not calling you lazy! Just saying, there are times when I don't want to get up and do anything. When I do though, I don't let myself stop until I'm done. Also, not putting it off really helps. The worse it gets, the longer it's going to take you to do it.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• When I was a SAHM, I never did get it done and even if I got it done, it got undone before I had time to enjoy it. Cleaning is not the most important thing about being a SAHM. If you are getting time for yourself and you have plenty of time for your SO and children, then make a plan. Decide what you must do every day, every week, every month, every year. Divide it into days. Do the living room on Monday, kitchen on Tuesday, bathroon on Wednesday, master bedroom on Thursday, kids bedrooms on Friday; Deep cleaning on Saturday morning. Divide up daily activities by time of day. Check out www.flylady.com for specifics. This woman will be specific and helpful when it comes to getting everything accomplished. She even helps you help your kids become organized and tidy. Good luck.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 8:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Yes! A house hold notebook totally changed the way I run things around here. My house is not cluttered with this and that anymore and I can keep the laundry at bay.
    Anonymous

• I couldn't have said it any better myself bigtrucksgirl lol
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 12:38 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I took the fly lady concept and tailored it based on my needs and schedule. Works like a charm and gives me lots of flexibility; still have downtime and some wiggle room for unexpected things that come up. For me, removing clutter and keeping things simple is key; this allows you not to be bogged down with junk (mental and physical). Also, change your frame of mind a bit; it's nice to have a clean house but if you're working like crazy to make it perfect, well, that's nearly impossible (especially with children and a husband). Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Nov. 2, 2008