what would you do

How would you tell someone that you are no longer going to be there for them when it is convenient for them. When I need someone to talk to or to call for advice etc they are never around, but expect me to respond to them in a timely manner. I don't want to loose them all together but at the same time me saying "hey your being selfish etc etc will only piss them off"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Just for Fun

• don't say anything, just do it. And then when they get ticked at you, tell them "oh, well, now i hope you can understand how I've been feeling!" It's not fair that they change on you like that, yet still expect the same for you. Hopefully you can find some new friends that understand and will be there for you.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 8:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Hmmm, well....I would word it very carefully as topics like this can be touchy. If I were you, try to sit down with them in person and talk to them about it. Tell them how you feel. Be open, honest, upfront but most of all, NON-judgemental. Even if you are a little. =) Or if UR not comfy doing this in person, write them a letter (or email) and just say that you wanted to write everything down so you would get everything out in the open in hopes that you both can talk about it together. =)
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 8:22 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I agree. Don't say anything just stop.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:22 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I wouldn't. I would choose when I want to be there for them. If I don't want to answer the phone and talk to them, I don't. If I want to stop having morning coffee with them, I do. If my friend asks what's up, I just say I am finding other things are taking up my time right now or I need to be alone more than I used to or I am overwhelmed by the telephone ringing off the hook these days. I put things in an "I" statement and it pretty much is hard to argue and something the other person has to accept. I don't get into you do this or I don't like that about you. It's a waste of time. It really is afterall about what you want and need anyway.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 8:34 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• If this person is a real friend then they will understand and if they don''t care then you shouldn't be wasting your time with them. I've had friends like that where all they wanted was to talk about their problems and when I needed to talk they just turned it back to them. They are no my friends. I live by a rule when it comes to friends. If they make me feel more bad than good then I let them go. It's not worth my time. It's too precious.
    Su-Z-Q

Answer by Su-Z-Q at 11:11 AM on Nov. 2, 2008