Do you think this will be good? Should I add anything? All replies will be appreciated!

So, I'm making vegetable soup in the crock pot (my first time). In it I have chicken broth, a vegetable soup flavoring packet, water, canned tomatoes, then fresh corn, green beans, peas, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, onions, potatoes, spinach, and celery. Oh, and some bay leaves and minced garlic for added flavor.I'm going to cook it for about 8 hours (wish I had time for longer). My parents are coming over for dinner and it's not that they're picky at all, but I want it to be good. I'm a little nervous, as I always am when trying something new. What do you think? Should I add anything for more flavor? I have absolutely no idea how this is going to turn out, lol!

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 11:00 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I would maybe add some vegetable juice/v8 to it as well. My vegetable soup broth is usualy just beef broth and vegetable juice along with the flavor from the veggies and meat. You may not want to add the peas until closer to when it's done....peas and beans tend to get too spoft and split and become mush if cooked the whole time.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:05 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Sounds great. The only thing I would consider adding would be chicken or beef if they're meat eaters (brown before adding to pot) or pasta, rice or noodles, but non of those are necessary. Taste it to check for seasoning about an hour before it's to be served in case you need to adjust, but it sound like it will be wonderful!
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:04 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Sounds good to me.
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 11:02 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Makes me want to make some. Sounds good.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:04 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I think it's going to be fantastic. Check it in about three to four hours to test the flavoring. That's really the only thing that you might have to alter.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:04 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• 8 hours is plenty, and I always put little noodles in my veggie soup. like ditalini or elbows.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:05 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Sounds wonderful!
    TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 11:05 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Sounds yummy. When will dinner be ready? LOL. Enjoy it!
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 11:23 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Sounds good to me...........just do a taste test!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 11:55 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I agree with PP, maybe add some chicken or some rice
    juliawerre

Answer by juliawerre at 12:42 PM on Nov. 7, 2010