What were you doing ten years ago? Would you have imagined then that you'd be where you are now?

Ten years ago, I wasn't even old enough to drink. I was graduated from high school and in my "party phase" of my life. Drank a lot, did a lot of stupid extra-curricular activities.. I had no idea back then that ten years later, I'd be out of my mother's home, married, and a mother myself.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 11:20 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• 10 years ago I was a single teenage mother with a 1 year old trying to work and goto highschool and raise my daughter while living in NY with my aunts who took me in after I got pregnant since they could financially help me more than my mom and dad.

I will honestly say I didnt think I would be where I am today. At the time I was still with my boyfriend and we lasted 7 more years. One day he left without explanation and we havent seen him since. Still have no idea why or where he is. Now I am a single mom with an 11 yr old and 1 year old. While I am still sad about my boyfriend leaving and wish it hadnt been that way I am honestly happy with how my life has turned out besides still being single. I have a 2 bedroom house with a nice yard, a modest but not brand new mini van, healthy happy kids, an organic lifestyle and I am able to work from home so I can homeschool. I love my life.
    XxPixiesworldxX

Answer by XxPixiesworldxX at 3:06 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I was stationed in Italy 10 years ago and in the navy. I would not have thought I would be out of the navy and a SAHM.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:22 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• 10 years ago, I was 21 years old. We had been married 3 years, and had just finished remodeling our house. I was working for a bank. We lived in Illinois.
    It wouldn't have been a surprise that I would still be married and have two children (they're 5 and 8 now), but I would have been very surprised if someone told me we would be living in Las Vegas and my husband would be a house repo man.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:31 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I was 16 and never thought I wouldn't have gone farther in life. I expected to have a great career by this age. Not sitting at home hoping I get a call for a minimum wage job.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:39 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• My life 10 years ago: I turned 30, had 2 kids ages 4 and 2, and had started a part-time (20hrs/wk) job that allowed me to work from home and we had 2 cats- BabyKitty and Sebastian. Flash forward to present: I turned 40 this year, we have 3 kids (14, 12, 4), I am still working for the same company but now work full time (40hr/wk). still living in the same small house, I have traded in my car for a mini-van, and I have 2 different cats Sassy and Hershey (Baby and Sebastian died 4yrs ago).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:22 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• In college...Nope
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I was living in AZ and been here just 10 years and wish I was back in AZ.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 1:20 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I was in junior high and I would have been very surprised about how my life turned out. I always wanted children young but I expected to have graduated college and have a career by now instead of working at target for the last 5 years.
    xredstarsx

Answer by xredstarsx at 2:26 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I was 23, I still did not want kids, we had been married 3 years and was partying and drinking it up every weekend. (I worked at the same place I do now, so no partying during the week)

now at 33 I would never have imaged how my life is now, married 13 years, 2 kids, owning a home, it just is so diff than I pictured. but I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:29 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I had recently graduated high school, working a fantastic job, making great money. I lived the high life. But I was so unhappy. It was not what I wanted. I now have the life I always wanted, I have found the love of my life & I have an INCREDIBLE DD. I am very lucky.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:20 AM on Nov. 8, 2010