Stolen Question, I thought it was fun... :)

Thought that I would see what other people wrote. I thought it was an awesome question from a different site.

Scarecrow, Tin Man or Lion for president?
One has no heart, one has no brain, and the other has no courage.

Which one's which and why?

kiansmom0423

Asked by kiansmom0423 at 11:24 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Hard choices, but I guess i would have to go with the lion. We need the heart and the brains more then the courage.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 11:30 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Tin Man - emotion has no place in a lot of the decisions that get made, but unfortunately, emotion is why so many bad decisions are made.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• NP ... then why do Republicans get accused for being incompassionate for not supporting welfare programs??

***
    Republicans support entitlement programs TO A POINT! There comes a time when one needs to rise up and do for themselves--and that's where Republicans are considered "evil!"
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:03 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Kind of sounds like the options that have been given to us as of recent.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 11:35 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I think I would prefer the lion. It would be good to have someone with a brain and a heart, but if they're not brave they can always surround themselves with supportive people who have more courage than they do. Plus, doesn't the lion learn that feeling afraid doesn't actually make him inadequate. Courage is acting in the face of fear--so you can learn to have more courage even if you think don't already have it.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:42 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• The scarecrow had no brain and we need that in a president, although brains alone don't equal smart. Some really brainy people lack common sense.

The cowardly lion...nuff said, but the president does need courage to follow through with decisions, especially those that might be unpopular, but good for the nation.

I'd go with the tin man who had no heart. Emotions are necessary to a point, but if your judgement and courage are ruled by your emotions, you're not a good leader.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 1:57 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• The Lion lacked the courage

In the Story of Oz, we find out after Dorothy and the "Wizard" left for home, Scarecrow become the leader of Emerald City. Just thought I'd throw that in there :)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:54 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 1:38 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I would choose the tin man as well.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:13 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• That's a hard one, can it be all three?
    EricaB2010

Answer by EricaB2010 at 4:12 PM on Nov. 7, 2010