treadmills

I think I would use a treadmill. I don't want to spend 700 bucks to find out. Is it reasonable to buy a manual treadmill to see if I would use it? One person told me it would discourage me because it's too hard. Anyone tried it? It's between that and an easy pay at QVC for a more expensive one I guess.

manna1qd

Asked by manna1qd at 8:22 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• The real deal is totally worth it! I can lose a pound a week if I walk/run at least 2 miles a day. I injured my heel (not related to treadmill), so I haven't been able to use it lately. I sure do miss it! I've been banned from it for two weeks - I'm itchin' to get back on it right away. If you decide to get a really good quality one, make sure it has a cup holder (for water) and an adjustable incline (your booty will love you for it). :)
    Anonymous

• i tried a manual one, and it was horrible, the product I mean, so i invested in the cheapest motorized one from wal mart, it works great, but hard on my knees, and can never catch my breath on it, its easier for me to go for a long brisk walk, and i feel i get better results
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 1:32 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Sometime you can find used treadmills. Acadmey Sports has one for $280. I would check it out if that is oe near you. I would not go for the manual one.
    Anonymous

• I have used both---get the best motorized one you can afford. I would read some reviews so you know what you are looking at. Get the widest you can afford. Also there is something with the motors--I believe you want a continuous motor output---again, research it before you buy:-) BUT don't get a manual one--they are a bummer to use:-(  I used to have  Nordic Trak manual treadmill--I would never do that again.  HOWEVER, I love my Nordic Trak ski machine which is manual. You also might consider a Concept row machine for around $800.  You might be able to get a one day pass to a Y or other gym just to try out the machines.  But keep in mind, their treadmills are going to be around $2000--6,000 models:-/

Anonymous